Sunday, August 2, 2009

Wednesday-Saturday!!!

I know i haven't wrote in such a long time and i apologize in advance because this entry is going to be quite lengthy! But my daddy told me i better not get too behind so i better get my act together so i can have short everyday entries...so i will just highlight all the cool and important things that have happened the rest of my week!!! On Wednesday we just had our workshops like usual, dance and vocal. I Practiced a couple songs and then since i am in background vocals we had our own workshop for that too. It is kind of overwhelming because i am learning and filling my brain with So much every single day! But i am working my butt off so i know in the end i will look back at this time and be so proud of myself. I already AM to the point of being so proud of myself! =) Then in the afternoon we got a Specialty Costume workshop, to walk us through the specialty costumes and what to do if we had to change and stuff, Because for the songs we have certain outfits to wear (the soloists and the dancers) so they just showed us all of that stuff. It was definitely exciting to see all the costumes. Then we ate dinner and had to stay till like 730 because we had an educational workshop to do. It was interesting. We split up into groups and were given an item....we had to talk about the global issue that we thought was represented by the item then we had a discussion about it. My group got a bag of Rice. We basically had it represent World Hunger. Because there is more than enough food produced in the world to have each and every person to be well nourished...But yet we have starving people all over the world. So we discussed that. Then we had to all sit in a circle and relate what our item was to another groups item. So we related ours with another group that had a bag of dirt. Because we felt that it was related because of land and farms...And we had yarn that we held and threw the other end to them..and they did the same thing. So at the end we had a huge yarn mess that was criss-crossed in every direction. So the point of the game was that everything was connected in one way or another. We had some very good discussions! Then i went home and went to bed right away! i was soooo exhausted!
Thursday was our first official day that we had our Full Walk through of the show, Costumes, live songs and dances....It was awesome. It was definitely very time consuming but it made me feel so much better about this whole situation. I don't feel so blind anymore, getting to see people actually performing what they have been practicing was awesome! we have such amazing talent in our group! I sang three solos *With one Heart *Power With *Oye Boom then i was the back up singer for 3songs. It was so much fun to get to sing and perform. I got some amazing compliments and that made me feel super good!!! =) I am having such a blast with all these people i love how encouraging every single person is to everyone! The way they lift people up is so awesome! So thats all we did allllll day long! It was a long day but super fun! Then we had some vocal time at the end of the day and that was it! When we got home some of Pauls family was coming over for dinner, they were in from Chicago. It was fun getting to know them, but i was so tired from the day that it was a little too much for me, but i stuck it out and was able to talk to my family for awhile so that relieved me quite a bit!!! i Cant wait to seeee my family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Friday! So i cannot even begin to tell you how happy i was that it was Friday! the week has been so long and busy busy....Time for some rest! We started our day out with picture day! We had to get our picture taken because if UwP needs to put our picture on the net or do something with all of us they can have an individual picture of each of us. So we had picture day, and got together with our home team groups and kind of just touched base. I love my home team group they are sooo awesome! there is about 12 of us with two team leaders Gabe and Anthony. We just hung out and chatted, it was nice being in a small group and getting to talk to everyone about things that have been going on in each of our lives. We went around our circle and told one Good and bad thing that has happened, and one thing we appreciate in our lives. It was a nice way to vent. Then i had vocal workshops for singing so i had to miss cast movement which made me sad because i LOVE to workout! and i need to!!! but i had to sing instead. then after lunch i had to sing again but this time for solos. I had to practice my Oye Boom song with Pieter, the guy i am singing it with. Its a fast fast Spanish song and we have to dance and look good. So we were practicing! We had so much fun! He Cracks me up soooo much. He was making us laugh so hard that my vocal teachers were crying and i almost pee'd my pants! it was so much fun!!!! Then we had to move buildings because there was going to be a wedding in the Sherman Event Center and we had to clean up all our stuff and take chairs certain places....then we had to walk down the street to a church to finish our day with a cast meeting. So we get all of our belongings and walk down the street. When we get there we jus all sit down and got into a huge circle and we each had to say ONE word about how we felt after these three weeks of staging....I said Blessed. for my word...Everyones words were so good...and i think i definitely feel a lot more than just blessed, but i think Blessed pretty much sums everything up because without God, i wouldnt be where i am or even WHO i am. So i am VERY VERY VERY Blessed and i continually feel Gods blessings on me each and everyday! He is so good!!!!!! I am here for one reason and that is to shine HIS light...Oh i am soooo stoked! =) Wooo hooo i could scream right now! haha! So back to the cast meeting....We all hungout and then the staff ran away and we were all confused then they all of a sudden open this huge door/window thing and they were all wearing chefs hats and all of a sudden Hans yells..."welcome to the Up with People, Ice cream Party!!!!!" and we all SCREAMED! there was sooooo much icecream waiting to be served to us! it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we spent an hour and a half eating ice cream and having a huge Dance party! it was such a nice way to relax and end our week! They said they wanted to reward us for all our hard work! It was awesome!!!!!!!!!
Saturday...i slept in finally!!! Till 11, went and got a manicure and a pedicure with Quita, then i drove to Littleton to see my cousins Cheryl and Alyse cause Alyse was singing in her church choir and then we went out to dinner and then i went back to their house and watched a movie with them! it was so nice getting to see them, they are sooooo amazing and sweet to me! Then i came home and got lost on the way back haha so i had a long night of getting home but i made it and now i am listening to Quita play bass, and i told her to stop because she was messing up...hahaha and she said for me to shut up and to blog about it...haha So i AM! =) Anyways, i am exhausted, better get to sleep because we are going to Elitch Gardens tomorrow! Wooo hooo! i cant wait to ride some rollercoasters!!! I shall tell you all about it tomorrow!!! XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment