Friday, August 14, 2009

Wednesday-Friday!!!

These past few days have been quite a big blur so i will do my best to fill you guys in on everything!! I have been mostly writing in my personal journal since i havent found the time or energy to type!! Wednesday was one of the longest days so far...i know i have said that a couple times in the other posts, but this day definitely beats out all the rest!! It all started with the entire day being devoted to the show. We had to run through a lot of it because we were having some parts videotaped for advertising reasons, so there were some songs we would do over and over again to get them recorded. They had to be perfect. It was long....but having a video camera in your face was pretty cool actually! haha. Then we did a full run through with specialty costumes and then after that we had to get ready for the show!!! We only had an hour to eat dinner and be ready full makeup and hair for the show. So i ate fast and ran and changed and did hair and makeup. Good thing i already have big hair because it wasnt too hard for me to do!! So after that we have what is called Green Room right before a show and that is where we do some fun dancing and singing things just to get our energy up! But this green room was especially Special to us because it was our first official show!!! They had us enter and there was music playing..balloons flying...streamers EVERYWHERE...and the cast was jumping and screaming for us! It was hilarious and so much fun! We danced around and sang. Then they had us all get into a huge group and close our eyes. When we did they started reading the things we had wrote on facebook before we had arrived to denver....and before we had all met. Tears were already falling down my face because they read some of our goals and challenges we wrote, they read what we said to introduce ourselves...It was sooo emotional. Then they had us all sit in front of a screen and they played Because You Loved me from Celine Dion and then pictures started going across the screen from our families they held signs saying Good luck on your first show and all kinds of stuff...so then everyone was crying again!! I didnt see mine on the screen so i just cried for everyone else haha...then afterwards they had all the pictures taped to the wall and when i went over there Quita was standing there crying and i look up and i just start bawling because i see the pictures from my family!!! They were AWESOME! I will upload pictures to photobucket when i have time and i will show you the pictures they sent me! They made me laugh so hard but cry even harder. Then in the middle of crying i hear...5 minutes everyone...Places Places!! AND I have opening song! So my eyes were bloodshot red from crying so hard and then i ran to the bathroom, grabbed tissue..wiped my face and then took a million deep breaths. I thanked God over and over for the fact that nobody would be able to see my red eyes while i was on stage because they were so far away!! haha IT was awesome but still very emotional. The show went SOOOOOOOOO GOOD! I was so happy!!! At the end i ran to change my clothes so i could go into admissions and then Michael, my vocal teacher came to find me and told me i needed to do him a favor, and that there was a little girl in the lobby that wanted to meet me the girl that sang and to get my autograph. It was so cute! She was 10 years old named Gabi. She was absolutely Stunning!!!! I felt so honored to get to meet her and talk with her for a bit. Hopefully when she gets older she will shine her light and show the world what she can do!!! =) it made my night and that little girl is someone i will never forget!!! I then went and did admissions and just hung out with everyone enjoyed peoples company and we were able to head home around midnight after striking the stage and everything. It was going to be such a long night because i had not packed yet and we left for aspen at 8am!! So me and Quita went home and stayed up ALLLLLL NIGHT packing! haha i think i layed down around 5am when Quita got into the shower and i slept for about 45minutes. i finished getting ready...got all my bags and took them upstairs for Paul to load up in the car. We left the house and when we got to the Pepsi center every ones luggage was lined up and it made me so excited but also so sad because i didnt want to leave maryjo and paul. When i said goodbye to her i cried so hard, she kept holding me and i kept on crying. I cried till we drove away and i was crying waving goodbye.... So sad. Well my first bus date was Emil and he was so awesome, he is from Sweden and we fell asleep for the first half of the trip and then we talked the rest of the time. We mostly talked about our families and told funny stories from our past experiences. It was so much fun, he tried to teach me how to rap and beatbox and we tried making a music video but it totally DIDNT work! haha I am not good at that kind of stuff! It was very fun and entertaining. When we got to Aspen finally we had a huge introduction to the city and we rode Gondolas to the top of the mountain of Snowmass Village and we hungout and did some meeting stuff. Then we got back on the bus and went to meet our host families! Me and my friend Kristine from Norway are roommates and we have an older couple for our host parents. Their names are Jack and Barbra. They are the sweetest people! They are so free spirited and we like them a lot! Kristine is such a blessing too, i know she is going to be one of my closest friends, we talk about everything together it is AWESOME! So we ate dinner with them and talked about traveling and all kinds of fun stuff! Then Friday we got up early and had our Community Impact Project day, We were split into groups and my group went to a place called woodcreek and did some trail work. Like fixing the trails and cleaning up the vegetation around them. It was fun but it had rained all night so it was very wet, and it rained on us as we were working but it wasnt too bad. after doing that from 9am till 3 we went back to rejoin the cast as a whole and we did some education activities, then came home and ate dinner and now i am ready for bed! Tomorrow is Show day and Mariah and Jada are coming to see me so i am so excited to get to see a familiar face!!! =) wooo hoo! i love family! and my niece is the most beautiful little girl so i cant wait to see her! It is actually pouring down rain right now and lightening and thundering so hopefully tomorrow there is good weather because the show is outdoors and the audience sits on a hill!!! I hope everything goes good!!!! XoXo!

No comments:

Post a Comment