Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sunday-Tuesday!!!

Wow i got a little behind! Sorry!!! Ill start off with Sunday and the finishing touch to my eventful weekend...NOT...I was sick with food poisoning so it was nice to relax and not be so sick on sunday. I slept in, just hung out at the house and didnt do too much. Me and Quita drove to Boulder around 6 to have some dinner and see a few of her friends. I had a lot of fun, i definitely needed to get out of the house i felt like a bear in hibernation because i stay in the basement and i didnt really feel up to moving around too much at home. The night ended well though! Thank goodness my entire weekend wasnt ruined!
Monday---VERY weird day! It was up and down most of the day but i survived and that is ALL that matters!!! We had some separate vocal and dance workshops again, then just set up the stage and everything that was needed for that. I danced and did a vocal workshop so i didnt help with setting up. Then after lunch i really really didnt feel good. We had Pasta and i probably shouldnt have ate because my stomach has went through so much over the weekend that i needed to stick with Light foods and nothing heavy. So i got really sick and made a dash to the bathroom...=( It was Miserable! I called my mom because i was wondering why i was throwing up so much and i cried to her...it was really rough especially because i needed to be working on the show and focusing on that and i was over here sick to my stomach with a fever and just feeling YUCKY! My mommy made me feel so much better though. Its crazy even just how tender a mothers voice is and you feel like everything is just okay no matter what! I LOVE it! Family is awesome!!!! I am sooooo blessed to have such a great one. Anywho, back to my story...After i got off the phone with my mom i sat outside and got fresh air and i started to slowly feel so much better. Naquita came outside and prayed with me and over my body so it helped a lot. I ended up drinking lots and lots of water and eating some saltine crackers to help my stomach and it DID! I was feeling so good by around 230! So After that we did a run through of a few songs and then the day was over! But me and Quita had tickets to go to the Colorado Rockies game! They played the Chicago Cubs! And WON! woo hoo! we had an AMAZING time and it was the perfect thing i needed! Fresh Air...and Baseball!!! Good time...with good people!!!
Tuesday---So today we had a guest speaker named Caroline Lee. She was AWESOME! She has been talking to casts of Up with People since the 70s and she gave us a speech on how to not waste the time we have right now and enjoy and get the most out of this trip and to TRY everything and that these experiences will affect us for the rest of our lives! IT was an awesome speech and definitely made me so stoked for UwP and the fact that our tour is about to begin in just a couple days!!!! An Alum named Faith talked to us also she was amazing as well!!! then we did one last full run through and ate dinner and got ready for the show for all of our host families and friends. I was a bit nervous but so excited that it was finally a real audience! =) It went GREAT...a bit intense but SOOOOO MUCH FUN! i am so stoked that we get to perform this show all over the world! ahhhhhh it is amazing how it all came together in a month! It was also a sad night because all of our staging staff is not traveling with us. So we get tomorrow with them and that is it! I AM SOOOOO SAD! i cried quite a bit, it was very emotional! I had to laugh i remember at the beginning of staging my friend Drew told me...Rachel did you know that you joined the group Up with Emotions! hahaha i thought about it tonight because after i was all dressed with hair and makeup done i started CRYING! and ugh! it was so sad! But i have already made some amazing friends and they will be everlasting friends Forever!!!! MaryJo and Paul along with two of their friends went to watch our show and tomorrow night i am having quite a few people come and watch so i am so excited! I better get to bed because i have such a long day ahead of me!!! XoXo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment