Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Monday-Tuesday

The start of the week has already been quite the adventure! Week 3 has begun and i cant believe it, I feel like i just left home yesterday but then at the same time i feel like this routine of things have been going on FOREVER! I cant wait to get on the road and travel!!! I am getting extremely anxious already. Yesterday we played a game of Bear, Salmon and Mosquito. Kinda like paper rock scissors except with an entire group of people. So there is like 40 people on each side of the room and then we say 1..2..3..GO and your group picks one of the three. And if your group loses then you have to turn and run to your side But someone of the Winning team chases after you and if they touch you then you are now on their side. Kind of like they captured you for their team now. So i end up getting trampled on and my middle toe got broke! It was covered in blood and so disgusting! It hurt so bad, so all day yesterday i was getting carried around and it was funny but i was very frustrated because i couldnt just get up and do what i wanted to do. My poor toe!!!! We also had our cast picture so that was really fun....I got to sit in a chair! haha. Then all i had was singing workshops so i didnt really have to do much.
Today i woke up and my toe was feeling a little better but is still pretty swollen and i learned to just hobble around and kind of walk with a limp. But i didnt mind because i will just give it a couple more days to heal then i will get over it! i have to use my foot! I am not worried about it too much because the swelling went down a lot! Me and Quita woke up at 730 and that is when we leave the house! So we were running WAYYY late! We didnt get to staging till like 845. We were supposed to be there at 830. We had table rounds today...with speakers that were actually UwP alumni! So it was so awesome! We got the chance to talk to people we didnt know that had previously traveled and their tours were actually for a year instead of 6months. So it was awesome! One guy that really made an impact on me was named Chris Margatt, he told us that we need to be ourselves and that we are the ones responsible to take what we want out of this experience. It meant so much to me because i want so much out of this next 6months because i do know that they will fly right past me within a blink of an eye and i dont want to be the one that sleeps thru this experience. I want to take every opportunity to learn and grow as an individual because talking to the alumni was so interesting to hear how UwP changed them STILL to this day! talking to them just totally made me extremely stoked and thankful that i am HERE and i get this chance to change and grow and learn learn learn! Its pretty awesome! After that we did another group activity with learning about the news around the world. IT was a fun group activity, Then i had a Dance workshop and Yes my toe did okay through it! I just kind of stayed off of it and used the ball of my foot instead of my toes. And then my Dance workshop went into my Vocal workshop so i ended up missing it but then at the end of the day we had Group Vocals so i just asked the other girls what we did in our mini workshop and i caught on quick!! It was a long couple days but over all I feel very good! i was able to talk to my parents for a long time tonight so it ended my day perfectly!!! God is sooo good! I love my life..........and every single person in it! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment