Sunday, July 19, 2009

Wednesday-Sunday!

Well I know i haven't wrote for a few days and i apologize for that! I am always so dang tired and it takes a lot to sit and write because i would way rather SLEEP!!! I will get better at this though, i promise!!! So i will start with where i left off and that was Wednesday...We did a few team building activities including the human knot. If you have never done this before it is where you get a group of people in a circle and you grab a persons hand from across the circle and then grab another hand from across the circle...after everyone does that, you are in a huge human knot. So the key is to get out! Our group never succeeded, haha but it was still fun, We definitely learned that you have to be patient and make a plan and continue to try even though it seemed frustrating and impossible to do. We all had so much fun! A girl named Rowin went around the room and named everyone's Name and Country because she had a bet with a guy named Rafa that she couldn't do it...so She ended up doing it and he owed her Coffee! It was so crazy! She rocked!!! For our first fitness day we did Zumba, and holy cow...she worked our butts off! I was sweating like a pig! haha But it was definitely fun fun and a great workout! And we started our first day of choreography so it was fun but fast...you have to be a quick learner and they don't really go over it much they just teach you a bunch all at once. So I'm sure i will have a bit of a hard time remembering some things but as time goes on i will be able to catch on to every single little detail there is to know! I have my work cut out for me that's fer sure!!!
Thursday- Today was a rough emotional day for me! I felt quite overwhelmed with so many things going on so i had a bit of a break down in the morning but i was better after i calmed down and realized that i CAN do this despite the fact that i miss home, and my family so much. I just need a Mommy or Daddy hug. I feel like after Durango comes i will be able to breath again because i will get a chance to see my family and reunite the good feelings i get from being around my loving amazing family! I have a feeling that is going to be my biggest challenge. Homesickness. But pray for me.....i can do this!!! Someone made me laugh and said..."well rachel, you thought you joined Up with People, but you really did join 'Up with Emotions' haha i couldnt stop laughing because seriously its the TRUTH! You get feelings that you never thought existed and it is so crazy, one minute i can be so happy and peppy. then the next minute im stressed, sad, and homesick! Its ridiculous! But im sure things will get better as time goes on! Everything is so new! For our fitness today we did Pilates, it was relaxing!! Then when i came home i went to bed at like 830! I was soooo tired!! But man did i feel good the next morning! =)
Friday- We learned all about Internships today and the certain ones you could apply for. It was a really interesting presentation. I want to do the Marketing or Education Internship because Marketing is something i would be really good at. Thinking of new ways to promote things and advertising for shows and having radio interviews, i am a very good people person and talking Is something i am not afraid of doing. So it was really cool to learn about each of these things. And my second choice is an Education Internship because i LOVE to teach new things and have activities that are effective to people and something they can apply to they're every day lives. So i was really interested and education sparked something in me to be so interested about it. Im excited to apply. There is also an Advanced internship but im not sure if i will apply for it because there is so much to do for it. You actually travel to a destination 2weeks prior to the cast getting there and you set up everything, from guest speakers to communicating with the marketing manager about all kinds of stuff, There is just so much to do and im not sure if i would fit under that category! I would rather do one of the others. But it is so awesome that they offer that to us. We get to learn so much and the awesome thing is it can be applied to what YOU are interested in and want to work more with! =) cool stuff! Today i also got a second call back for voice and i sang quite a few different songs. I am crossing my fingers that i get one!!! =) There are so many talented people here, it is amazing. Cast B rocks already, im sure the show is going to be amazing! i also worked out and i am sooooooooo sore! Holy moly i haven't been this sore since....shoot i dont even remember!!!
Saturday- Today was our first official day of our FIRST staging week being Over! It was quite a big deal for all of us! This week has been everything...from happy to stressful and smiles to tears!!! It was definitely a laid back day, the staff put on the show we will be traveling and performing and as they performed some things live they also had some videos of past casts that they showed us. So it was amazing to see our show that WE were learning performed in front of our eyes! We all are so excited and cant wait to get to our first show on august 12th. But there is so much to get done! Then after the day was over we hung out with some up with people peeps and it was a fun night!!! What a good day im glad tomorrow is our day off!!!!!! I NEED TO SLEEP!
Sunday- well today is my little brothers birthday and he is 9 years old. I am so sad that i am not at home with my family celebrating with them. When i called they were bowling so it definitely made me sad that i wasn't around there but i have next year! =) I slept in and it was amazing!!! Then ate out with MaryJo and Paul at a restaurant called Ted's. I had some of the best salmon EVER! IT was so good! Then we went to our dance class for West Coast Swing dance! It was awesome, i took a lesson and learned what is called "social dancing" meaning i can keep up with people and actually still have fun. Basic steps! IT IS A BLAST!!!! i cant wait till next weekend because there is a competition here and its called Swinging in the Rockies, then after our dance class we went out for Carrot Cake and it was soooo yummy! i had such a good day with MaryJo and Paul, they are awesome! I love em. But i did talk to my mommy tonight and i miss her so much too, I am so blessed to have such good people in my life! Well it is bedtime i am exhausted and ready to start the work all over again tomorrow. yay for Mondays! NOT! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment